Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Withdrawal

Yep. I've got it. Withdrawal. Not drugs or any harmful substances, no worries. But I have TUTFPCBSB2K10 withdrawal. Translation: Taylor University Track and Field Panama City Beach Spring Break 2010. Over Spring Break I got to spend a week and a half with the track team. We lived together, slept together, drove together, ate together...did everything together. Saturday night through Friday morning, we stayed at the Laguna Beach Christian retreat center in Florida. I was given the opportunity to build relationships with teammates I already knew, and to start relationships with teammates I wasn't yet familiar with. I loved every minute of it. From waking up early for breakfast, small groups, team devotionals and worship, laying out by the beach, pool work outs, and watching 'corn hole'...to late night games of mafia, sunsets on the beach, 13 hour bus rides, and of course the team talent show. It feels weird now to be back at school and not constantly surrounded by TUTF. I am so blessed to go to a school where I can run track. And so blessed to be on a team that cares about each other and aims to live a life that revolves around Christ. I am excited to see what God has in store for my next three years at Taylor and on the TUTF team.

1Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.One of many trips on the beloved Rainbow Bus, also known as Possum 8 or Possum Great. This is me Kels aka Keebs (new found love on this trip, she is great and absolutely hilarious), and Ashley. Plus Corbin being a creep in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment