Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sometimes...

it just makes me a little sick to my stomach. Yes, I'm a huge fan of Ellen Degeneres. I absolutely love watching her show. And this isn't to bash Ellen or any other celeb out there, really it's not. But today I was watching her show and some lady won a trip around the world with four friends, plus pocket money-all adding up to a total value $40, 000. Did you read that (not that I have any followers or anything)? Forty THOUSAND dollars. And that is what gives me that sickish feeling. I completely understand that you can't exactly just walk around the streets or go find people in poverty and hand over a bunch of money. But there has to be something better to give $40, 000 to than some girl who probably is stable with a comfortable life. Yet at the same time...it's not just about the money. There are so many more valuable things than money. Time. Love. Care. I saw a picture on another blog today of a homeless man that said "I don't want your money, I want change". How do we do that? How do we make those changes? How do I make changes? It starts with me.


"Let my life shine, come and let my heart shine. We're gonna walk the world, lift the bread and wine. Like the stars shine, come and let our hearts shine. In a dark world, we lift the bread and wine."


No comments:

Post a Comment